Maintaining a healthy scalp is a challenge when you’re living in a country with extreme climate. In the Middle East, and specifically the Gulf region, with the temperature rising to almost 50 degrees in summers, it’s difficult to retain moisture for a healthy growth of hair. Some people also face problems in the winter, as the scalp may get too dry due to the temperature. Here are a few remedies or routines that you can follow in order to maintain a healthy hair growth:-
- Don’t get your hair wet often: Water makes hair swell from the inside, which forces the cuticle up. When that happens over and over again, you get frizz and breakage. Try using Dry Shampoo!
- Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those brown and brittle and rough split ends. Cut about 1/4th of an inch from your hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again.
- Comb wet hair with extreme care because they’re fragile and prone to breakage. If your hair is untangled, take a broad toothed comb and run it from the roots to the ends of your hair as gently as possible. If you generally have tangled hair, try using serum and detangling spray first! Then comb your hair by starting at the ends to gently work any tangles or knots so they are smooth. If you try to comb your hair from the roots to the ends, you could get caught on messy tangles and break the hair. Once a section has been properly worked and smoothed, move up higher and higher until your hair has been combed neatly.
- Rinse the conditioner off with cold water, as it is good for both strength and shine.
- Olive oil, coconut oil and egg – Try this for a speedy hair growth. Warm 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, let it cool, add one or two eggs and two tablespoons of olive oil and apply.
- To promote hair growth, you need to ‘feed’ the hair from the inside. Try increasing your protein intake with foods like fish, beans, nuts and whole grains. If you’re not a meat-lover, maintain a diet that is high in protein.
- Consume multivitamins that are formulated and labeled ‘For Hair, Skin and Nails. Those contain important vitamins like biotin, vitamin C and B vitamins that support hair health. You may get better skin and nails in the process!- Ask pharmacists for one that suits you.
- Skip hot water showers, because hot water will make your hair dry and brittle as it strips protective oils from your hair
- To prevent breakage due to brittle hair, avoid using bands and do not tie your hair too tightly.
- Though medications are designed to treat many health conditions, sometimes they can have unwanted side effects during the period within which they are taken. Some may cause temporary medicine-induced hair loss by interfering with the normal cycle of scalp hair growth.
Visit our Retail Outlets to explore the wide range of products brought in from renowned International brands.