Over-the-counter ( OTC )
Over-the-counter medicine also known as OTC or non-prescription medicine that you can buy without a prescription. Some OTC medicines are used to relieve or treat aches, pains, itches and athlete’s foot etc. Others help manage recurring problems, like migraines and allergies.
Important tips for using over-the-counter medicines:
- Always follow the printed directions and warnings on the label. Talk to your health care professional before starting a new medicine.
- Know what you are taking. Look at the list of ingredients.
- All medicines become less effective over time and should be replaced. Check the expiration date before using any product.
- Store medicines in a cool, dry area. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should talk to their provider before taking any new medicine.
- Medicines affect children and older adults differently. People in these age groups should take special care when taking over-the-counter medicines.
Check with your health care professional before taking an over-the-counter medicine if:
- Your symptoms are very bad.
- You are not sure what is wrong with you.
- You have a long-term medical problem or you are taking prescription medicines.
Visit our Retail Outlets to explore the wide range of products brought in from renowned International brands.